1. To check that your microphone and camera are configured correctly, visit the Appointment Details section and click:
2. If your camera is working correctly, you will see the image from it on your screen. If the green bar moves when you speak, your microphone is working correctly.
3. Please check that your web browser and Trustedoctor are able to access your camera and microphone. Click the camera icon which can be found in the upper right-hand corner of the web browser.
If your microphone is not working, please follow these instructions.
1. Click the Apple icon located in the top-left corner of the screen. A menu will appear as shown in the image below:
2. Click System Preferences.
3. Under system preferences select Sound either by clicking it or by searching for it in the search text box.
4. Under Sound select the Input tab.
5. The list of recording devices will appear. Make sure that the “Internal Microphone” is selected. Try speaking into your microphone and look for blue bars moving beside Input Level while you talk.
6. If the blue bars of the input level light up while you are speaking, your microphone is properly configured.
7. If the input level does not move while you are speaking into the mic, set the input volume to the maximum by dragging the slider all the way to the right.
8. Now speak into the microphone and watch again to see if the input level changes. If you see the blue bars light up, your mic is now properly configured. If the microphone still does not work, continue to the next step.
9. Shut down the machine and then turn it back on. If that does not help try resetting the PRAM or create a new account.
Follow these steps to reset the PRAM:
1. Turn off the computer and then turn it back on.
2. Press and hold the Command (⌘), Option, P and R buttons (all together) before the gray screen appears. Hold the buttons until the computer restarts and you hear the start-up sound again.
3. Once you have reset the PRAM you will need to reconfigure the microphone settings. Go back to the beginning of this guide and follow steps 1-9 again to test the mic.
Create a New Account
Log out and then log in again with the new account. You will need to log out from the current account instead of Fast User Switching. Once you log in with the new account try and test the microphone (follow steps 1-9).
If it works then the problem is with your user account. If it still does not work then the issue is either with the hardware, or there is still a problem with your OS that this guide did not cover. Please try Apple Support Communities for further assistance.